Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Affiliates in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery’s #1 priority has always been to provide the highest quality care to our patients in the safest environment possible. In light of growing concern around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to advise our patients and referring offices of the steps that we continue to implement at AOMS to maintain the safest healthcare environment possible for both our patients and staff.
- Instant hand antiseptic wash (containing at least 60% ethyl alcohol) is available at our front desk as well as check out and in each operatory. We also have soap at each operatory sink and in each restroom.
- All operatories and consultation rooms are disinfected after each patient visit.
- All our examination and surgical instruments are thoroughly washed and sterilized using a steam sterilizer.
- We will be encouraging patients to use social distancing of 6 feet and if there is a waiting time prior to you being seated for your appointment we will ask that you wait in your car and we will contact you via phone when it is your time to come back into the office.
- We have always used “Universal Precautions” to prevent the spread of air- and fluid-borne pathogens.
These same precautions are being used for the Coronavirus as well.
- Our surgical sinks have motion detectors to help prevent cross-contamination.
- Our trash receptacles are open top or have a through-hole to prevent cross-contamination.
- We are following CDC Guidelines concerning limiting the spread of the virus as well as all other pathogens.
All the points noted above have always been our standard practice!
Steps recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that you, our patients, can take to help control the spread of this virus and protect yourself, your loved-ones and others you may encounter include:
- Get a flu shot (if you are able) if you haven’t gotten one this season.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 secs each time.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands as soon as you can.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay at home when you are sick, unless you need medical care.
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces at home and work.
- Contact your primary care physician for advice if you have symptoms including fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Please call our office at 513-829-8080 prior to your appointment if you are experiencing symptoms including fever, cough or shortness of breath or have been exposed to a Covid positive person.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
To our Patients and Colleagues,
We at Affiliates in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery hope this message finds you well and congratulate you on weathering the COVID-19 storm.
After careful consideration of the landscape we now practice in, we have taken all necessary precautions regarding patient care including infection control protocols and personal protective equipment to ensure safety of all out patients and team members, in accordance with the State of Ohio, CDC, AAOMS, and ADA guidelines. We remain committed to providing the best quality care to our community in the safest manner.
We are here for you and want to thank you for being understanding and patient as we work our way through this pandemic together.
Hours of operation are: 8am-4pm, Monday-Friday
Please call 513-829-8080 with any questions or concerns you may have, or to schedule an appointment for your oral surgery needs.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: